EEFM GOV. MANOEL DE CASTRO FILHO – QUIXERÉ - CEARÁ
ATIVIDADE DE LÍNGUA INGLESA – PROFESSOR VERIDIANO RODRIGUES – 3º '___'
1. Leia o texto abaixo e faça a tradução
READING FOR INFORMATION
A GREEN EARTH OR A DRY DESERT?
There may still be time to choose.
For millions of years, the tropical rainforests of South East Asia, South America, and Africa have been the earth's natural chemical laboratories, botanic gardens and zoos.
Today we are destroying them at such a rate that within 25 years only fragments will remain of the vast forests of Malaysia and Indonesia.
When the trees are felled, soil erosion begins and within a few years, the whole area that was once forest becomes wasteland.
The destruction is happening through ignorance, shortsighedness and ever increasing consumer demand. But it can be stopped if enough of us show enough concern.
How you can help.
Join the World Wildlife Fund now. We need your voice and your financial support.
2. Choose the correct alternative according to the text.
1. Rate a) Entusiasmo b) Velocidade c) Rato
2. Wasteland a) Terra deteriorada b) Aterro sanitário c) Terra da fantasia
3. Within a) Durante b) Dentro de c) Com
4. Shortsighedness a) Estabismo b) Estupidez c) Falta de visão
5. Remain a) Permanecer b) Remar c) Herói
6. Increasing a) Incrível b) Crescente c) Decrescente
7. Felled a) Sentido b) Adubado c) Derrubado
8. Concern a) Preocupação b) Concerne c) Atenção
9. Whole a) Inteiro b) Buraco c) Cujo
10. Support a) Alça b) Urso c) Apoio
3. Answer the questions according to the text.
a) When does a forest become wasteland?
b) What is causing forest destruction?
c) What have rainforests been for millions of years?